Reports ToKitchen Manager
The line cook is a full-time, permanent position. This position is responsible to assist in the preparation of meals by chopping vegetables, making salads, and putting together entrees.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist in the preparation, seasoning and cooking of salads, soups, fish, meats, vegetable, desserts and other foods
• Proficient at using a variety of kitchen utensils such as chopping knives and vegetable grinders
• Ensure proper food storage
• Perform kitchen maintenance tasks such as washing dishes and emptying trash
• Ensure food safety standards by performing temperature of food testing at specific intervals
• Adhere to sanitation and safety procedures
• Other duties as assigned.
• While performing the duties the employee is frequently required to stand for extended periods of time. The employee is often required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance and must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.