Reports ToGeneral Manager
This is a critically essential position as our product features a quality theatre AND dining experience. This is a full-time, permanent, salaried position. This legacy arts organization hires individuals who take pride in serving our 250,000 annual guests with care and attention, providing a consistent quality product. This leadership position will oversee the entire kitchen operation and is responsible for the supervision of the kitchen staff (line cooks, pantry and dishroom), the development of menus and preparation of all menu items (appetizers, salads, soups, fish, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foods).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Direct preparation, seasoning and cooking of salads, soups, fish, meats, vegetable, desserts and other foods.
• Menu development and pricing strategy.
• Develops weekly schedule according to business and projected goals for labor dollar percentages.
• Maintain inventory of all kitchen items and ordering from food vendors.
• Ensure quality of all delivered items within the organization’s unique timing constraints.
• Ensure consistent food quality provided during every shift through staff training, internal controls, and expediting plated dinners during serving time each shift.
• Leadership skills need to be collaborative in nature. Work closely and collaborate with Food & Beverage Manager, Events Manager, and staff to ensure quality guest experience.
• Manage special dietary and food allergy guest requests to ensure proper execution and safety.
• Adhere to sanitation and safety procedures.
• Internal and external customer service is a must.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Physical Demands
• Kitchen management experience required.
• While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear; often required to reach/carry with hands and arms; use of hands/fingers and occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee will regularly stand/walk and must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.