Join our team! Become a leader at the premier entertainment destination in the Twin Cities and the largest restaurant operation in the state of Minnesota.
WHY YOU WILL BE IMPORTANT
The kitchen manager/chef position is critical to successfully serving over a quarter-million guests annually! You will oversee the preparation of daily food service, develop menus, manage an expert staff, and be the “face” of our impressive kitchen machine!
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance & Disability Coverage
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Free & Discounted Tickets
- Employee Meal Plan
CDT IS UNIQUE
Chanhassen Dinner Theatres’ product is unique – there is really nothing like it in the United States. Our customers return to us to enjoy a delicious dinner (plated-tableside service) and enjoy a critically-acclaimed Broadway musical, a concert featuring the finest musicians in the region, or a comedy variety show – all while creating memories with family and friends.
OUR EMPLOYEES ARE CRITICAL
For over 50 years, Chanhassen Dinner Theatres has been providing lasting memories and experiences to its visitors from around the globe. This would not be possible without the loyal and dedicated employees who serve our guests year-round. Chanhassen Dinner Theatres is dedicated to its mission and is proud to be family-owned and Minnesota made!
This is a full-time, permanent, salaried position. This legacy arts organization hires individuals who will take pride in serving our guests with care and attention, providing a consistent, quality product. This leadership position will oversee the entire kitchen operation and is responsible for the supervision of the kitchen staff (line cooks, pantry and dishroom), the development of menus and oversees preparation of all menu items (appetizers, salads, soups, fish, meats, vegetables, desserts and more).
View our current menu items!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee preparation, seasoning and cooking of salads, soups, fish, meats, vegetable, desserts and other foods.
• Menu development and pricing strategy.
• Develops weekly schedule according to business and projected goals for labor dollar percentages.
• Maintain inventory of all kitchen items and ordering from food vendors.
• Ensure quality of all delivered items within the organization’s unique timing constraints.
• Ensure consistent food quality provided during every shift through staff training, internal controls, and expediting plated dinners during serving time each shift.
• Leadership skills need to be collaborative in nature. Work closely and collaborate with Food & Beverage Manager, Events Manager, and staff to ensure quality guest experience.
• Manage special dietary and food allergy guest requests to ensure proper execution and safety.
• Adhere to sanitation and safety procedures.
• Internal and external customer service is a must.
• Other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. The base salary is $62,000/year or commensurate with experience. This position reports to the General Manager.
-Kitchen management experience required.
-Knowledge of Spanish helpful.
Email your resume and cover letter to Amy Doeden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feel free to email Amy with any questions about the position.